The objective of HMIS is to better Monitor and Evaluate the Health Programmes. To provide Key inputs to health policy formulations and interventions
The facility wise reporting should be complete, timely and correct information necessary to facilitate the decision making process and enable the officials to plan, control and assisting in effective execution of operational functions.
- HMIS is a Government Of India Health portal started in the 2008, it is a centralized web based application capturing the data facility wise, is a number based data upload.
- HMIS Portal has started its facility wise reporting from July 2011. It is a mechanism of Reporting, Monitoring, Evaluation, Report Generation, Analysis and Feedback.
- HMIS has a provision for online and offline data capture, data upload and even Bulk Uploading of Data, it has a provision for data checking and identifying Outliers and it helps the user to see Drill Down Reports
- HMIS portal provides Dashboard, Reports/Publications, Live Data Reports, Analytical Reports also has GIS- Beta Version.
Key Performance Indicators
- HMIS mainly consists of Service Delivery Report which is a Monthly Data Upload and Annual Infrastructure Data Upload which has to be uploaded annually.
- Monthly Performance Analysis Report on Key HMIS Indicators is prepared by this office and communicated to all the districts
- Complete Service Delivery Monthly Reporting has to be done by 3rd of every month by the districts.
- CHC Star Rating has been taken up by GOI, hence all the CHCs has to satisfy the criteria of reporting setup by GOI.